Sunday 31 July 2011

Love, Stargirl - Jerry Spinelli


Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

   This is a pretty good book.
It is the sequel to Stargirl, which, I have to admit, I haven't read.

   It is about a young girl named Stargirl (Susan) Caraway, who has moved away from Arizona, where she met her first love Leo Borlock, to Pennsylvania. 
     She continues the story of Stargirl (I haven't read it), and the book is basically like a diary, but is really a letter. She calls it The World's Longest Letter, and it is written specially for Leo.
In Pennsylvania, she makes new friends, but not her age. As she is home-schooled, she doesn't have many friends, apart from six year old Dootsie Pringle, a grumpy 11 year old girl with no self-belief, Alvina Klecko, a boy her age, Perry Delloplane, and an agoraphobic woman named Betty Lou.
She looks after Dootsie almost every day, and then has to look after Alvina, to be a good influence on her. Alvina finds out that her mother told Stargirl to look after her, and tells Stargirl she never wants to see her again.
Want to know more about Stargirl?
I guess you'll just have to read the book(s)!!


Stargirl & Love, Stargirl 
by Jerry Spinelli

Visit the website at :
www.lovestargirl.co.uk
(I'd make a link but I don't know how to make it open in a new tab so it would redirect you off this page if I made a link)

No comments:

Post a Comment